207 East Main Street, Fulton, MS 38843
“The Cedars”, also known as the Cates-Gaither House, is one of two surviving antebellum houses in Fulton, Mississippi. This one-story Greek Revival style planters cottage was originally constructed as a four-room dog trot style home. The four front rooms and hallway of the structure are original and remain principally intact as built in circa 1859. Mr. Pleasant Cates, a shipbuilder and merchant, is given credit for building the house. “The Cedars” received its name from the number of large cedar trees that were once on the property. The Cates family sold “The Cedars” to life-long Fulton resident William Gaither in 1901. The home remained in the Gaither family until 2003. The Cedars was designated a Mississippi Landmark in 2011. Call Danny Gaither at 662-601-5241 to schedule an appointment today!